Experience the rainforest beauty of Far North Queensland on a scenic day trip from Cairns. Ride the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway and choose from a variety of options including the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Tjupakai Aboriginal Cultural Park or the popular Rainforestation Nature Park.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- One way Kuranda Scenic Railway ride
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway (if option selected)
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (if option selected)
- Rainforestation Nature Park (if option selected)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Conducted in English
Learn about Tropical North Queensland’s pioneering history on a leisurely train journey to Kuranda ‘the village in the rainforest’. Relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery as you wind your way through the rainforest. A short photo stop is made at Barron Gorge and as you cross Stoney Creek Bridge, before arriving in Kuranda.
There is free time in Kuranda to do a little shopping at the heritage markets, grab some lunch in one of the many restaurants/cafes (additional cost) or have a wildlife encounter at Birdworld, Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (entrance fees not included).
There are many options available to choose from for your Kuranda day trip so you can do as much or as little as you like. Choose from:
- Rail/Rainforestation/Sky – Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, visit Rainforestation Nature Park, return on Skyrail (10 hours)
- Rail/Sky – Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail (8.5 hours)
- Sky/Rail – Travel to Kuranda on Skyrail, return on the Scenic Railway (10 hours)
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai – Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (9 hours)
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch – Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park with buffet lunch (10 hours)
- Coach/Rail – Travel to Kuranda by coach, return on the Scenic Railway (7.5 hours)
Departure Point: Tour departs from Cairns and northern beaches hotels
Departure Time: Tour departs from Cairns and northern beaches hotels between:
- Rail/Rainforestation/Sky – 7:00am and 8:00am
- Rail/Sky – 7:00am and 7:45am
- Sky/Rail – 8:00am and 8:45am
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai – 8:00am and 8:45am
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch – 7:00am and 8:00am
- Coach/Rail – 8:00am and 8:45am
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
For additional information GO HERE!
We only had 3 days in Cairns, so I was concerned that using one whole day for an activity that we may or may not enjoy was risky. I couldn’t have been more pleased! My husband and I were with our 2 sons and they loved it as well. Everything is so well organized, which made it nice for me because once we were picked up at our hotel, I didn’t have to think about 1 thing other than having a great time. We had the lunch provided at the rain forest, and it was wonderful! Probably the best meal we had on our trip to Australia. Our trip consisted of travelling through much of Queensland, and hands down my favorite place was the little town of Kuranda. I loved it! This is a trip well worth the time and money. I have already recommended it to a friend who is visiting Australia in a couple of months.
Reviewed by: Janet R, United States of America