Feel your senses ignite when you take a walk through the world’s oldest rainforest to wine, dine and be entertained by candlelight in the Flames of the Forest near Port Douglas. You’ll feel the wonder of this legendary place, hear the music and storytelling of an Aboriginal cultural performance, and experience the spellbinding candlelit drama of the enchanted rainforest. This is a magical and memorable way to visit the rainforest!
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Conducted in English
6-course candlelit dining experience (Thursday & Friday)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Pre-dinner drinks and Hors d’oeuvres
- 6-course banquet with premium wines and soft drink
- Aboriginal cultural performance
3-course rainforest experience (Friday)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 3-course set dinner including premium wines and soft drink
Your evening in the rainforest begins with a walk along a flame-lit trail beneath the forest canopy to a secluded clearing, where you’ll be welcomed with sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres. You’ll then be introduced to the vibrant Aboriginal culture that stretches back more than 40 thousand years.
Then it’s time to relax under a marquee canopy lit by hundreds of candles, accompanied by the sound of a mountain river trickling past, while you dine on a three-course tropical banquet accompanied by Australian wines and beer. The evening unfolds with ancient tales told by firelight from the Aboriginal Dreamtime. After dessert, enjoy local Daintree tea and Tablelands coffee, explore the river surrounds or simply sit back and let the sound of the rainforest tell its own story.
By enjoying the Flames of the Forest, you will have contributed to preserving local habitats, helping to ensure that these soul-nurturing rainforests will last another million years!
Flames of the Forest 6-course Banquet Dining Experience (Thursday and Friday):
- Enjoy a romantic 6-course banquet dining experience in a candle lit forest setting under a silk lined marquee with crystal chandeliers. You’ll be picked up from your hotel and served champagne and hors d’oeuvres on arrival. After your gourmet 6-course banquet featuring local produce including premium wines you’ll be entertained with an Aboriginal cultural performance featuring didgeridoo, storytelling and song.
Flames of the Forest 3-course Rainforest Dining Experience (Saturday):
- You’ll be picked up from your hotel and taken to the beautiful breathtaking rainforest setting, dine on a set 3-course menu including premium wines.
Departure Point: Tour departs from centrally located Cairns, Palm Cove or Port Douglas hotels
- Cairns – from 6:10pm
- Palm Cove – from 6:45pm
- Port Douglas – from 6:50pm
You will arrive at Flames of the Forest at approximately 7:30pm
Return Details: Returns to original departure point. Departure from the Flames in the Forest is at approximately 10:30pm.
For additional information GO HERE!
The food was marvellous with a great deal of variety featuring dishes that included local specialties. The storytelling by the aborigine was riveting and engaging. But the absolutely most wonderful part was the setting. The rainforest with your way lit by candles, the dining area lit by only candles, the silence of the rainforest except for the sounds of rainforest all around you. It was magical, we would do it again and again and everyone who goes to Northern Queensland should experience this.
Reviewed by: Robin P, United States of America