This enjoyable full-day tour takes you out of the hustle and bustle of the city and into the picturesque and peaceful towns that surround the Murray River. Enjoy this cruise tour on the Murray River in an old world riverboat with fantastic views and the perfect lunch included.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Riverboat Cruise
- Morning tea
- Lunch at Mannum
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Conducted in English
You’ll be picked up from your centrally located Adelaide hotel. Travel to Mannum, the birthplace of the River Murray Paddlesteamers.
Travel through rolling hills and Mallee outback to the mighty Murray River bringing watered life to a thirsty land – a land now rich in green vineyards, golden citrus orchards and prosperous rural communities.
Mannum is the Murray River gateway to the harsh empty inland of Australia, still reeking with our historic past – the bawdy days of the riverboat men toiling up river in the blazing sun.
Cruise through the waters of the Murray and enjoy morning tea of scones, jam and cream. Lunch is followed at Mannum.
This enjoyable full-day tour takes you out of the hustle and bustle of the city and into the picturesque and peaceful towns that surround the Murray River.
* Travel through Verdun and the undulating green Adelaide Hills
* The mill town of Bridgewater
* Arid pasture region of the Murraylands
* Mannum – birthplace of the River Murray Paddlesteamers
* Cruise the wide waters of the River Murray on a genuine Riverboat
* Stark cliffs and River Red Gums
* Willows that burden the waters of the Mighty Murray
* Look for Galahs, Cockatoos and Pelicans
* Enjoy lunch at Mannum and sample local hospitality
* An opportunity to board the fully restored, 100 year old, PS Marion Paddlesteamer
* Take in the view over Mannum and the Murray from a scenic lookout
* Follow the Torrens River through the Onkaparinga Valley to Gumeracha
* Torrens Valley olive groves and grape growing
* Skirt the Chain of Ponds Reservoir and travel through Tea Tree Gully
Departure Point: Tour departs from most Adelaide hotels – OR – Adelaide Coach Terminal
Departure Time: 9.30am – Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
A great day driving through the Adelaide Hills. It took quite a while to get to the Murray River, but a pleasant drive with a good driver, very knowledgeable of area and recent history. On the river for about 1.5hrs. Lunch very enjoyable.
Reviewed by: Denise G, United Kingdom