Experience the best of Canberra on this full day Hop-On Hop-Off sightseeing tour of the Australian capital city. See Australia’s most treasured attractions, most of which have free entry, including Parliament House, Australian War Memorial, The National Gallery of Australia, The National Science and Technology Centre, the High Court of Australia, the National Museum of Australia and the Australian Screen and Sound Archives.
* Hop-on Hop-off 4 stop pass. This tour also includes Lake Burley Griffin and the Embassies.
* On board commentary
* Conducted in English
Catching the Explorer bus, complete with expert commentary, is the perfect way to see as much, or as little, of this leafy city as you wish.
Attractions visited by the Explorer bus include (listed in timetable order and timetable issued onboard): Australian War Memorial, National Capital Exhibition Center, Lake Burley Griffin/Captain Cook Fountain, Questacon (The National Science and Technology Centre), National Gallery of Australia, High Court of Australia, Parliament House, Old Parliament House & Embassies, National Museum of Australia and Australian Screen and Sound Archives.
Explorer Bus timetable:
The Explorer Bus will pick-up/drop-off from the following locations at the following times. Please be ready 5 minutes before departure at each stop and signal driver.
- Departs city center, Northbourne Avenue: 9.30am, 11:00am, 12.45pm, 2.30pm
- Australian War Memorial (free entry): 9.50am, 11.20am, 1.00pm
- National Library/Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre: 10.00am, 11.30am, 1.10pm, 1.55pm, 2.35pm. 4.05pm
- National Portrait Gallery (free entry): 10.05am, 11.35am, 1.10pm, 1.55pm, 2.40pm
- National Galley of Australia/ High Court of Australia (free entry): 10.05am, 11.35am, 1.10pm, 1.55pm, 2.40pm
- Parliament House (free entry): 10.05am, 11.40am, 1.15pm, 2.00pm, 2.45pm, 4.05pm
- Old Parliament House: 10.15am, 11.50am, 1.20pm, 2.00pm, 2.45pm, 4.05pm
- National Museum of Australia (free entry): 1.30pm, 2.05pm, 3.00pm, 4.15pm
- Arrives back at city center and YHA: 12.10pm, 1.35pm, 2.10pm, 3.10pm, 4.20pm
Departure Point: Tour commences at 59 Northbourne Avenue, Canberra City, outside the Student Flights Travel Agency
Departure Time: Explorer Bus pickups from City centre at 9:30am, 11am, 12:45pm and 2.30pm. Last drop-off to Canberra city centre is at 4:20pm
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
The tour was well organised. We did not waste a minute as the bus was always on time. The drivers were wonderful. The tour provided lots of interesting information.
Reviewed by: Lorna S, Australia