Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rating: 4.5 star based on 19 reviews
Take an afternoon sightseeing tour of Old Rio on foot, and get a feeling for the legends and history woven around the narrow streets and superb baroque buildings of downtown Rio de Janeiro. While you walk, your knowledgeable and entertaining guide will bring the city and its stories alive.
* Sao Bento Monastery, dripping with gilt carvings and paintings
* Nossa Senhora de Candelaria, Rio’s most impressive church
* Praca XV de Novembro, the square where many important events in Rio de Janeiro’s history took place, such as the coronation of Brazil’s emperors
* Imperial Palace, built in the style of a Portuguese manor house for Brazil’s rulers
* Walking tour of Rio de Janeiro
* Hotel pickup and drop off
* Local Guide
* Conducted in English
The walk continues down Uruguaiana Street to Carioca Square and the Metropolitan Cathedral, where your afternoon walking tour of Old Rio’s historic sites concludes. This afternoon walking tour takes you behind the scenes of Rio’s famous sights, leaving you with time in the day free to explore Rio on your own.
Special Offer – Save over 5% off the recommended retail rate when travelling through December 31, 2010 – BOOK NOW!
Departure Point: Pickup is available from most major hotels in the zones Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana or the cruise ship port
Departure Time: 1:00pm – Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pick up time.
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
Excellent tour! By far the second best tour I took during my stay no. 1 being the “Favela Tour”. The guide was very professional, charismatic, and informative. Wear comfortable shoes because there is a lot to see and a lot of ground to cover. The tour is of the downtown area where you will see lots of landmarks, residencies, shopping areas, and be privied to history lessons.
Reviewed by: Jason R, USA