Location: Montreal, Canada
Rating: based on 258 reviews
Leave Montreal on this day tour and visit Quebec City, the historic heart of French Canada. You’ll take a full day sightseeing tour through Quebec with a local licensed guide and enjoy views and photo opportunities of the magnificent Montmorency Falls – higher than Niagara Falls!
* Day trip (destination A to B)
* Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
* Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
* All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
* Services of professional guide
This full-day, 12-hour tour will take you back more than 350 years as you visit the former French colonial city of Quebec. You will be charmed by the old-world atmosphere of Quebec City with its narrow streets, steep hills and numerous historical treasures on the banks of the St. Lawrence River. Before you return to Montreal, you will have free time to browse Quebec’s Old City.
Highlights in Quebec City include:
- Place Royale, birthplace of French civilization in North America
- Shop and eat in the oldest quarter in North America, the Petit Champlain district
- Escalier Casse-Cou, which translates as “break neck staircase” but, while impressive, it isn’t nearly as dangerous as its name implies
- Funicular ride on the elevator linking Upper and Lower Old Quebec, with magnificent views of the river and surroundings
- Citadel, the largest fortifications in North America
- Plains of Abraham, where the famous battle between the French and English armies took place in 1759
- Parliament Building, Quebec’s most important national historic site
Departure Point: Tour departs from downtown Montreal hotels or Peel Street
Departure Time: 8:00am – Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pick up time.
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 8:00pm
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
I found my Montreal Quebec City bus tour on Oct 15/2010 a wonderful experience; from the time we left Montreal at 8am until I was dropped off back at my hotel at 8:30 in the evening. I found the day tour a great addition to my VIA train trip from Halifax to Saskatoon. The bus driver-tour guide did a great job of pointing out all the points of interest, with little bits of history on each, on our way out of Montreal and along the route to Quebec City to our destination, near our docked Cruise ship. The guide on the cruise ship did a great job, pointing out all the points of interest along both sides of the St Lawrence water front. And the tour guide on board the bus through old Quebec City demonstrated his love for and knowledge of his city. The wonderful restoration of all the heritage sites takes you back hundreds of years. One could spend many hours soaking it all up. The day, I think, was made more special because of the weather…rain, cold and at times it seemed like gale force winds. When dropped off the bus, for our afternoon free time, I quickly headed out of the weather and into Conti-Café, one of the many places recommended by our tour guide. I was joined shortly by a couple from Ohio and a lady from Wales, who I had met on the cruise. Given that the weather outside was frightful and the restaurant and food where so delightful our free time was mostly used up at lunch. It was a wonderful day and a tour I plan to make again very soon. John McClement from Regina SK
Reviewed by: John M