Location: Vancouver, Canada
Rating: based on 33 reviews
Ride the rails from Vancouver to Whistler on this spectacular Whistler Mountaineer train tour, passing through some of the world’s most rugged fjords and mountains. The day tour to Whistler includes free time to explore Whistler Village, one of North America’s most popular ski resorts and host of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- One-way tour on the Whistler Mountaineer
- Expert guide and narration
- Tour of Whistler Village
- 3-hours free time in Whistler Village
- Photo stops on the return journey by bus
- All local taxes & surcharges
- Hotel pickup and drop off
On your return drive to Vancouver, you’ll stop at Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in British Columbia. Take a guided walk through an old-growth rainforest to see 1,000-year-old cedar trees with trunks measuring 35 – 40 feet (9-12 meters) wide, then return to Vancouver by mini-coach on the Sea-to-Sky Highway.
The highlight of the full-day tour from Vancouver is the Whistler Mountaineer rail tour. The train experience includes interpretive commentary of features along the route and access to the Heritage Observation Car for fresh air and unrestricted views of the spectacular scenery.
You have a choice of experiences on the train:
- The Glacier Dome provides unparalleled panoramic views from a custom-built Glacier Dome coach, with delicious full hot breakfast served at your seat and complimentary beverages.
- The Coast Classic offers a traditional rail experience with extended legroom and scenic views through large picture windows, with continental breakfast or light meal served at your seat and complimentary non-alcoholic beverages.
- The rail portion of this tour is non-refundable
- This tour is seasonal, operating between May and September.
Departure Point: Tour departs from downtown Vancouver hotels
Departure Time: 7:30am
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 7:00pm
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
From start to finish, this trip is a must for anyone who can spare the day! We booked the Glacier Dome option and had so many moments filled with awe during the trip. The service was top-notch and the food was excellent. The ride back on the coach bus was very pleasant and Shannon Falls was lovely!
Reviewed by: Anonymous, Australia