Location : Roseau, Dominica
Built around the walls of the old 18th century fort, many of the original features have been retained in the public areas of the Fort Young Hotel, Roseau, Dominica. However, modern facilities have now been added, making it a little oasis of comfort after a day of exploration. The main international airport Melville Hall is on the north east coast of the island, and is a scenic 65 minutes drive across the island to Roseau. The smaller and lesser used airport at Canefield is on the south west coast of the island, and is under 20 minutes driving distance to Roseau.
Old World Charm, modern amenities and open vistas of the Caribbean Sea, marry harmoniously in this historic building.
All 70 rooms are air-conditioned, with en suite bathroom, and cable TV.
Room categories –
Oceanfront Rooms each have a private balcony with a superb view of the ocean. Complimentary high speed internet access is exclusively available in this room category.
|All Rooms include
- Marquis Restaurant
- Waterfront Restaurant – Enjoy International and Creole Style food on the Waterfront. Start your morning with our locally made freshly brewed, coffee and a wide selection from our breakfast buffet with made to order omelettes or eggs done to style and taste.Buffet lunches are prepared during the week with a different theme each day: Monday – East Indian, Tuesday – Italian, Wednesday – Caribbean, Thursday – Oriental, and Friday – a medley of seafood. Barbecue night every Monday – a delectable choice of barbecue fare served on Terrace. Live steel Band entertainment.
- Boardwalk Cafe Bar – This bar is open from 10am – 6pm on Cruise Ship Days and offers a variety of tropical drinks along a boardwalk overlooking the Caribbean Sea coastline. Conveniently located close to the Waterfront restaurant, the tropical waterfall and the Hotel’s shopping complex.
- Balas Bar & Lounge – Featuring the island’s best Friday Night happy hour from 6:00- 8:00 pm, the Balas lounge bar is noted for its exotic island cocktails and potent Rum Punch. Happy Hour offer a selection of special priced drinks and a variety of grilled snack items & Live Band.
Moorings & Jetty Facilities
The Fort Young Hotel offers the ideal location for mooring your yachts while visiting Dominica. The jetty and dinghy dock is located on the southern end of the capital Roseau, where most business transactions and clearing of Customs are done. There is no need to travel long distances in your dinghy or to spend unnecessary money on taxis, just tie up your dinghy at the dock and walk right into Roseau.
Always tie your dinghy on the northern side of the dock.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (a la carte).
- Lunch and Dinner overlooking yachts. Snacks available from 7:00 am to 9:30 pm.
- Dinghy Dock – Complimentary, to anyone using our Mooring Facilities.
- 25% off Room Rates ( Applicable only if you are using mooring facilities). Check in time is 3:00 pm and Check Out Time is 12:00 noon
- Laundry Services
- Dives, Tours, Hikes, Taxis
- Dive Centre, located on the Fort Young Waterfront area, facing the jetty.
- Business Centre – E-mail/Internet, Letters, Faxes, Telephone Calls (Rates Available upon request)
- Fuel Station : Diesel, Gasoline and ice available less than 5 minutes’ walk from the Fort Young Hotel.
- It is required that you clear customs in and out of Dominica. The simplest way is to take a taxi or your dinghy down to the ferry terminal. The ferry terminal is just past the Cruise Ship Jetty along the sea front.
- You are not permitted to anchor in the Scott’s Head Sourfriere Bay as this area has been designated a National Marine Park.
- Please dispose of your garbage responsibly. The Fort Young Hotel does not have garbage disposal facilities.
- Check with the hotel before paying unofficial boat boys for the use of the mooring buoys.
- Monitor VHF Channel 16 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.