Location: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Rating: based on 24 reviews
Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines! Prepare yourself for a half-day Dominican Republic adventure as you zip through the beautiful countryside on a manual transmission dune buggy. Departing from Punta Cana, you’ll travel past colorful houses and across the breathtaking landscape of banana plantations and farmland. Hop on a dune buggy and explore the true Dominican Republic!
- Get off the beaten track in a 4×4
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Half-day dune buggy adventure
- Cup of Dominican coffee
- Snacks and drinks
After being picked up from your Punta Cana hotel, you’ll receive brief safety instructions and rules from your knowledgeable guide. Then, jump inside your dune buggy and get ready to start the adventure of a lifetime! With original VW engines and a 4-speed stick-shift transmission, these vehicles are sure to impress with their speed and agility!
The adventure starts as you head out into the Dominican countryside, passing colourful Caribbean houses along the way. Your first stop will be for a real Dominican coffee, ensuring your energy level is high for the rest of your drive!
Following the nature path and passing by palm trees and banana plantations, you’ll reach an authentic limestone mine. Driving back on a paved road to the villages of La Caiba and Macao, you’ll make a stop at a local colmado (grocery store), where you can join local people from the countryside doing their daily shopping. Enjoy snacks and drinks at the colmado then head over to Macao Beach, one of the last natural beaches in the Dominican Republic.
Drive along the white sand and enjoy breathtaking views of the beach and ocean. If there’s time, you’ll stop for a quick dip in the ocean before returning back to Punta Cana!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children must be able to sit in a seat by themselves and must be accompanied by an adult
- Dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift
- All drivers must present a valid driver’s license
- Drivers must wear closed toe shoes
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- No alcohol is permitted prior to or during the tour
- Approximate driving distance is 55 miles (90 km)
- The route of the tour can be altered by the guide due to certain circumstances
- Please bring with you a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen. Each buggy has a small compartment which can fit a backpack
**Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Departure Point: Tour departs from most Punta Cana / Bavaro hotels
Departure Time: 8:00am – Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 12:00pm
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
We did three excursions while in Punta Cana and this was by far the best!! Charlie is an excellent guide and the staff was wonderful. We got to see and experience a side of the Dominican culture that the other buggy tours just don’t offer their clients. You will get very dirty and muddy but the experience is well worth it! I highly recommend this experience and you will not be disappointed!
Reviewed by: Steve