Location: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Rating: based on 4 reviews
Hop aboard this full-day dune buggy adventure tour and experience the very best Punta Cana has to offer. Drive a manual transmission dune buggy through rice fields and along a beach, and take a scenic kayak or paddle boat trip! There’s never been a more adventurous way of experiencing the rugged interior of the Dominican Republic!
- Get off the beaten track in a 4×4 buggy
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local tour guide
- Full-day dune buggy adventure tour
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Scenic paddle boat or kayak ride
After being picked up from your Punta Cana hotel, you’ll receive brief safety instructions and rules from your knowledgeable guide. Then, jump inside your dune buggy and get ready to start the adventure of a lifetime! With original VW engines and a 4-speed stick-shift transmission, these vehicles have amazing speed and agility!
Start your adventure by driving to Uvero Alto, a famous beach town on the northeast side of the island. From there, you’ll head inland towards Nissibon, passing workers in the rice fields tending to their crops. On the way, you’ll stop at a typical Dominican colmado (grocery store) for a refreshing soft drink.
Then, steer through Playa La Vacama and drive approximately 9 miles (15 km) on a secluded, palm-fringed beach. Feel free to jump off your dune buggy and take a refreshing swim in the ocean to cool off! Head over to the Lemon Lagoon Bay for a delicious lunch and free time.
Upon arrival at Hotel Limon, you’ll be served lunch before having some free time to enjoy the facilities. Then take a scenic trip on a paddle boat or kayak, travelling along a small river covered by dense vegetation.
Jump back in your dune buggy and make your way to Zadanja for another stop at a colmado (grocery store) for a soft drink, snack and quick visit with the locals before driving back to the Punta Cana area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children must be able to sit in a seat by themselves and must be accompanied by an adult
- Dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift
- All drivers must present a valid driver’s license
- Drivers must wear closed toe shoes
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- No alcohol is permitted prior to or during the tour
- Approximate driving distance is 115 miles (190 km)
- The route of the tour can be altered by the guide due to certain circumstances
- Please bring with you a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen. Each buggy has a small compartment which can fit a backpack
**Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Departure Point: Tour departs from most Punta Cana / Bavaro hotels
Departure Time: 8:00am – Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
This was the best excursion ever!! It is a little pricey, but worth every penny! If you are looking for a more “real” experience, away from packed buses and boats with hoards of people, strangers, doing things in groups rather than exploring things on your own, this trip is for you! It was the tour guide, my husband and I in our own buggy, and another couple in their own buggy, so just 3 of us. We went out into the “real-life” areas and saw real neighbourhoods and how people of the area really live their day to day lives. We also went to a private beach area that truly was a piece of paradise!
Reviewed by: Joe and Kellie, USA