A unique opportunity to experience sailing an America’s Cup grand prix racer. Become part of the crew and be encouraged to take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the action as you sail down the Auckland Harbour.
- Sail on an authentic America’s Cup Yacht
- Use of wet weather jackets and sunscreen
- All safety equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Tour conducted in English
The America’s Cup is the world’s oldest and most prestigious sporting trophy and ultimate yachting regatta. Usually the domain of billionaires and elite professional yachties, NZL 40 and NZL 41 offer the unique opportunity for everyone to participate sailing on these grand prix racing machines. With the America’s Cup being sailed here in 2000 and 2003, no trip is complete without experiencing the real Auckland, ‘City of Sails’.
There are two sailing options available – choose to join a two hour sailing experience or a three hour match race (begins October).
- Individual 2 hour Sailing Experience: An unforgettable two hour sailing experience. A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America’s Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
- Individual 3 hour Match Racing: For the ultimate thrill join the crew and participate match racing America’s Cup style. Your three hour experience begins in the Viaduct Harbour where you will meet the crew and go through a short race and safety briefing. The yachts then depart the Viaduct Harbour and after a period of practice, the action really starts, when we line up in the pre-start and compete head to head. Sailings subject to weather and minimum numbers apply. No experience necessary.
Departure Point: Depart from the berth, inside Auckland’s Viaduct Harbour
Departure Time: Departs from 2pm on most days, exact departure time will be advised at confirmation
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
For additional information GO HERE!
The sensation of being on a yacht of that class, speeding on top of the waves, was awesome. I would and have recommended this trip to everyone. Unfortunately missed the race due to weather conditions.
Reviewed by: George H, United Kingdom