5 STAR LUXURY BEACH RESORT | 124 AC ROOMS | 4 EXEC SUITES | 2 ROYAL SUITES
This is the stuff that dreams are made of – golden beaches with glistening sands caressed by the gentle roll of the Indian Ocean. Spacious and airy, the Royal Palms Beach Hotel is a five-star beach resort situated on Sri Lanka’s beautiful south west coast, 40 km. from Colombo and 2 km. from the town of Kalutara.
World famous beaches that line the south west coast of this tropical island, the Royal Palms Beach Hotel is focused on building togetherness, of creating just the right atmosphere in which you could experience the holiday of a lifetime.
The palm-fringed coastline with its many coves and bays provides ideal hideaways for the romantically inclined holidaymaker seeking peace and privacy. Stretch out on the sands on a warm, sultry night and count the stars in the night sky, or chill out in a secluded rock pool. Sink your toes into sands as soft as icing sugar as you stroll along the shore, or unwind under a friendly palm tree while gazing at the distant blue horizon – soul food of the most sensuous kind…
The Royal Palms Beach Hotel has been designed with the luxury seeker in mind. This is sheer extravagance, starting with the plush interiors fitted with amenities of the highest standard.
124 Guest rooms include 4 Executive Suites and 2 Royal Suites with private balconies or patios. Satellite television, in-house video, mini-bar, a safe to keep your valuable items secure, hair dryers and 24 hour room service ensure your comfort and security.
The clever use of colour creates a startling contrast from the bright splashes of green foliage on the balconies combined with the attractive warm red tones of the brick building and tiered pagoda-style roof. Balconies are spacious and angled to provide maximum privacy while offering a superb view of the palm-fringed beach.
Individually controlled air-conditioning, ultra-modern designer bathrooms equipped with bath, shower and luxurious guest amenities.
When the sultry tropical night gets to you, and your lids are heavy with sleep, sink in to the luxurious comfort of specially designed beds and stretch out on soft cool sheets – at the Royal Palms Beach Resort, pillow talk creates the perfect atmosphere for a close encounter of the most romantic kind.
The main restaurant on the upper ground floor gives you the choice of dining in air-conditioned comfort or sitting out on the open terrace, absorbing your dose of Ozone as you have your meal. Whichever you choose, you are assured of a breathtaking view of the landscaped gardens, free flow swimming pool, palm fringed beach and the vast blue Indian Ocean.
Cuisine varies from international breakfast buffets to Continental and Oriental accented luncheon and dinner menus.
Be a part of our Theme nights – forget reality and enter into a world of fantasy when you become part of the theme chosen for the evening. “Go local” complete with colourful batik sarongs and garlands of fragrant Frangipani at the Sri Lankan night; explore the ancient wonders of China with Cheong Sams and Chop Sticks when you discover the culinary creations of this ancient civilization or eat Pasta with panache at the Italian Night.
The Palmetto Coffee Shop located right next to the swimming pool is open 24 hours, serving light meals and snacks. The mood changes as dusk falls when it becomes a grill room serving traditional fare straight from a charcoal grill.
Dine on the denizens of the deep at the Oriental Seafood Restaurant which overlooks the free flowing swimming pool. Specialities include South East Asian seafood delicacies – succulent lobster, crab, calamari, octopus, jumbo prawns, squid, king fish and many more.
Chill out at the Lounge Bar and open-air terrace overlooking the palm fringed ocean and pool. Sip a mind blowing cocktail or savour the flavour of a perfectly mixed Martini as you listen to relaxing tunes on the piano or the live band in attendance.
Feel the tensions drain out as hands skilled in Shiatsu move over pressure points on the soles of your feet.
If you are a firm believer in Water Therapy, then head for the unique free flow lagoon-style swimming pool which winds its way around and even under the hotel. Massage jets, Jacuzzi and bubble baths are creatively located at various points in this pool.
You can enjoy Floodlit tennis, Volleyball, Badminton and other outdoor activities or if you prefer there’s Snooker, Billiards, a Gymnasium and Health centre indoors. Work those little grey cells in the hotels Exclusive Lounge Library for reading and indoor games, surf the web at the Cyber Café or surf the waves at your doorstep – the choice is yours…
Explore the surroundings at the Royal Palms Beach Hotel and you would discover a wealth of beauty and information.
- The ancient Rock Temple with its beautiful frescoes, the sprawling old Richmond Castle and the famed Kalutara Bodhiya Temple, one of the most photographed temples in Sri Lanka, located as it is between the river and the sea – are awe-inspiring examples of this island’s ancient past.
- Tea factories which dot this area offer an instant insight into one of the island’s most famous industries – the art of growing and manufacturing tea.
- The Kalutara Fishing Harbour is a typical coastal fishing village. The fishing community lives and breathes the ocean, their livelihood coming from the crystal clear blue waters with their homes built on the palm fringed beaches.
- Learn the true art of conservation and preservation of life through a visit to a Turtle Hatchery. Here, turtle eggs are hatched, baby turtles nurtured and sent back to their natural habitat – the big, wide blue ocean waiting to welcome them home.
- You could visit a Wood Carving Centre and watch the dexterity of the carvers as they turn out beautiful works of art from pieces of wood, carrying on a traditional craft handed down from one generation to the next.
- When you spot the Toddy tappers walk a tightrope strung between palm trees high above ground, take time to linger awhile until they shimmy down the trunk of the tree back to ground level. They are almost certain to be carrying a clay pot filled to the brim with sweet coconut toddy – consumed by villagers who have implicit faith in its health-giving properties. Kept to foment, this same coconut toddy can become a potent brew!
- Optional excursions include visits to the famed “Ketchimala Mosque” located on a promontory jutting out into the ocean, coral gardens, moonstone mines and the famed “Botanical Gardens” created by Bevis Bawa, Sri Lanka’s renowned horticulturist and landscape artist.
Products & Services: Floodlit tennis, Volleyball, Badminton, Snooker, Billiards, Gymnasium, Health centre, Indoor games, Shopping arcade, Salon, Laundry, Reading lounge, Theme nights.
Check-in/Check-out Time: Check-in is 12.00 noon and Check-Out is 11.00 a.m. An earlier Check-in Time or later Check-out time can be requested on a case by case basis and the resort may agree depending on availability.
Address: Kalutara, Sri Lanka
Airport: Colombo International