Set off on a full day walking tour from Hobart and discover Port Arthur Convict Site, Tasman National Park and the Isle of the Dead! Suitable for the whole family, you’ll enjoy a guided walking tour of Port Arthur and a scenic cruise to the Isle of the Dead where you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen.
* Instant Confirmation
* Guided Historical Walking Tour of Port Arthur
* Harbour Cruise at Port Arthur
* Guided tour of the Isle of the Dead
* Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
* GST (Goods and Services Tax)
* Conducted in English
Rich in visual history, the Port Arthur Historic Site evokes a powerful sense of Australia’s past convict era and of early Australian settlement heritage. Sitting tranquilly amidst English oaks and gardens, Port Arthur is a harsh contrast to the beauty of the Tasman Peninsula.
- Aquatic Centre and Royal Botanic Gardens (drive past only)
- Government House (drive past only)
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Pristine Pirates Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Find out what’s unique about Doo Town
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site – Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary – a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant’s House, the church and much more…
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay to the Isle of the Dead for a 45 minute guided tour
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Lunch (not included) is available at the Port Cafe at the entrance to the Port Arthur Visitor Centre. There is also a sit down restaurant called Felons. Both have a large selection of sandwiches, hot food and drinks.
Departure Point: Bus Terminal, Brooke Street Pier, Hobart – Hotel pickup is available from all Hobart centrally located hotels
Departure Time: 8:15am – Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
We had lots of problems getting off our ship, but with one call to the office, they hooked us up with a driver to meet us at our ship, drive us to our coach on the highway and secured our very wonderful day of touring. Everyone was top notch, and our guides at Port Arthur Historical site were excellent. The tour to Isle of the Dead was really worthwhile. We had someone with us that was somewhat incapacitated, and the little golf cart trolleys were extremely helpful. Really worthwhile day of touring!
Reviewed by: Anton W, United States of America