This historic Oahu Day Trip from the Big Island will take you on a patriotic journey from the site of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to the signing of the armistice on the USS Missouri. You will board the Navy launch for a trip into history across Pearl Harbor to the Arizona Memorial. Explore the USS Missouri, the last battleship built by the US Navy, which served from World War II through to Desert Storm. The Missouri was the site of the 1945 Japanese surrender to the Allies.
- Roundtrip airfares
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Qualified and professional pilot
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Conducted in English
Your historic journey will continue with historic attractions of downtown Honolulu including Kawaiahao Church, Iolani Palace – the only royal palace on American soil, State Library and Archives, the famous statue of King Kamehameha, Honolulu Hale and the Mission Houses Museum. Before you return to the Big Island you will experience the serenity of Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific and Courts of the Missing.
- Arizona Memorial and Visitor Center at Pearl Harbor
- Guided tour through USS Missouri
- Punchbowl National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific and Courts of the Missing (drive through)
- Kawaihao Church, State Library, City Hall, Mission Houses (drive through)
- Iolani Palace and Kamehameha Statue
- Waikiki Beach
- Diamond Head Crater (drive through if time permits)
- Nu’unanu Rainforest and Pali Lookout
Departure Point: Meet the Airport Representative at Kona Airport
Departure Time: Flights depart at 5:00am, please check in at the Kona Airport at least 90 minutes prior. Exact time to be advised at time of reconfirmation
Return Details: Returns to original point of departure between 8:00pm – 9:00pm
For additional information GO HERE!
It was the most enjoyable tour we have ever taken. We saw more than we expected and learned so much. The tour of the USS Missouri was so interesting and our guide was terrific, so many details. We recommended the trip to a family we met while in Hawaii and they couldn’t wait to go. Thank you for such a memorable day.
Reviewed by: Ruth B, United States of America, October 2008