See the Grand Canyon West Rim at your own pace when you hire a SUV or Escalade for a self-drive day tour from Las Vegas! You will be supplied with an interactive map, road games, and a full tank of gas. Throw away the timetables and forget about other people’s schedules as you explore the Grand Canyon your way.
* All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
* All entrance fees included
* Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
* Lunch included
* Free snacks included
* 24-hour automatic luxury 4WD vehicle rental
* Entrance fees Grand Canyon West
* Grand Canyon West Rim shuttle bus
* Photo opportunity with Hualapai members
* Grand Canyon Skywalk (if option selected)
* 15-minute helicopter flight (if option selected)
* 20-minute river boat trip (if option selected)
* Hotel pickup and drop off
* Conducted in English
You will be picked up by complimentary shuttle and taken for assignment of your automatic SUV or Escalade for the day. You will be met by a tour coordinator for a full orientation of the day’s events and activities. It is here where all your questions will be answered before you are on your way.
When you hit the road you will pass Boulder City and Lake Mead to Hoover Dam. Drive through a 900-year-old Joshua Tree Forest before turning onto the road to the Grand Canyon West Rim and the lands of the Hualapai Tribe. You are free to explore Guano Point and Eagle Point at your leisure – no timetables, no schedules – its all up to you!
- Grand Canyon Skywalk – Take a stroll on the Grand Canyon Skywalk, the newest attraction on the West Rim, for amazingly unobstructed views over the canyon
- Helicopter/Boat – Take a helicopter ride to the bottom of the canyon, then enjoy a 15-minute pontoon boat ride on the Colorado River!
- High Point Hike at Guano Point – a brief walk from the shuttle drop point, offers 340 degrees views of the Grand Canyon
Special Offer – Price displayed includes a discount of over 10% off the recommended retail price, PLUS if you book the Helicopter/Boat option you will receive the Grand Canyon Skywalk for free – BOOK NOW!
Departure Point: Tour departs from Las Vegas hotels
Departure Time: Upon request, but before 10:00am (early start is recommended)
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Details: You must return the hire car with a full tank of gas within 24 hours of collecting
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
It was wonderful to do this tour simply because we did not have any time constraints or tour guides telling us what to do. The Grand Canyon is an absolute must to see if you are staying in Vegas, and this tour is the perfect way to see it. We got picked up from our hotel at about 8:30 a.m. and taken to the office, where we were given the car and instructions on how to get there. Once at the Canyon, you park the car and jump on the shuttle which takes you around. The Grand Canyon is breathtaking and not to be missed. Do Hoover Dam on the way back to avoid the crowds. Pros: (1) The luxury of doing what you want when you want. (2) You get to keep the car for a good 24 hours for cruising the Strip afterwards.(3) The drive was very stress-free, and it was easy to get there. (4) You do about 40 miles of dirt road, which the SUV handled superbly. (5) If you can afford it, do the helicopter flight, river cruise and Skywalk — they’re definitely well worth it. (6) The bottled water and cooler bag was a nice touch. Cons: (1) The company hires the cars from Hertz, so their operating hours depend on Hertz’s so early starts like 7 a.m. which I had in mind were not possible. (2) You don’t get a GPS like the description of the tour states — no biggy, the mud map we were given sufficed, but maybe that should be changed on the fine print. (3) It is a bit pricey compared to other tours and there’s an unfavourable exchange rate but again, if you can afford it, just do it. All in all, it was a stunning and memorable day made possible by a well organised and professional operator. Thanks again.
Reviewed by: David T, Australia