Imagine waking up surrounded by the tranquil beauty of Halong Bay – one of Vietnam’s most spectacular natural wonders. Dotted with limestone islands in a sea of azure blue water you will explore the World Heritage listed Halong Bay aboard a junk boat. While you cruise the bay, enjoy a seafood lunch, dinner, swimming, kayaking (optional) or visit one of the many limestone caves.
* Return transfer Hanoi – Halong by air-conditioned vehicle
* Boat cruise and kayaking as indicated within the itinerary
* English speaking customer service manager on board junk
* Accommodation in air-conditioned cabin with ensuite facilities
* All meals on board (One breakfast, two lunches and one dinner)
* Admission fees and permits
* Complimentary welcome drink and free tea and coffee throughout trip
* Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
* Conducted in English
Halong Bay covers an area of 1,500 square km. With more than a thousand limestone peaks rising up from its crystalline emerald waters this area is rightly viewed as one of the natural wonders of Vietnam and is one of five World Heritage-listed sites. This two-day itinerary gives you the chance to enjoy Halong Bay from the luxury of your junk.
Here you can relax on the tanning deck, swim in the clear waters and enjoy the best cuisine available in the bay. All the while you will be looked after by our dedicated and attentive crew. There is also the option of exploring some of the bay’s most secluded lagoons using our fleet of modern easy-to-manoeuvre kayaks for some unforgettable scenery only accessible by kayak.
Whilst on board you will indulge in two seafood lunches, one dinner and one breakfast. Tan overnight tour of Halong Bay also provides the perfect opportunity to sit back and watch the sunset or to try a spot of night fishing.
Akin to a floating hotel, here are some of the junk’s facilities:
* 5 ensuite twin cabins with air-conditioning and tiled bathroom
* Hot and cold running water and shower in each bathroom
* Dining room serving Vietnamese fare
* Licensed bar with extensive wine list
* Sun tanning area with eight adjustable sun lounges
* 5 lightweight western made (New Zealand) sea kayaks
* Night fishing from the boat
* Fully staffed crew of 7 including Customer Services Manager
Departure Point: From selected Hanoi hotels
Departure Time: 8:30am – Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Details: Tour returns to your hotel in Hanoi at 3:30pm the following day
For additional information and bookings GO HERE!
We had the best time and met some wonderful people. Our tour guide was great and a lovely friendly man who spoke excellent English and taught us many things about local history and other events. Halong Bay is absolutely beautiful. Our cabin was great and very comfortable with good air conditioning. The food was fantastic, plenty to eat and the drinks were reasonably priced. We had no issues with security and felt completely safe, and even left our valuables in our cabin with peace of mind, even though a safe was available. Our only regret was that we didn’t do the two-night cruise.
Reviewed by: Ian D, Australia